Don’t worry if you haven’t entered a gala before, the process is quite simple …
This is just the online entry bit, here is the full process for entering galas
- Work out which events you want to enter – This is normally done with the guidance of the coach.
- You need to see if upper or lower qualifying times apply. These keep swimmers who are too fast out of “development” galas and keeping the number of entries manageable at higher level events. It will tell you on the gala info page, or in the gala documents.
- For a summary of the criteria required for Levels 1,2,3 and 4 galas click this link. Here is the full Swim England Open Meet Licensing Criteria.
Finding your Personal Best (PB) times
- Find your PB times on the ASA website https://www.swimmingresults.org/individualbest/
- Use this Swim Time Converter to convert times to the format required for the event; either 50m (LC) or 25m (SC).
- Use this Guide to see how to use the Swim Time Converter above.
- If the swimmer does not have a PB for that event, please speak to your coach for a predicted time unless the gala conditions specify otherwise.
Selecting Swims & Paying
- Either go directly to the e-commerce site, www.gawbook.org.uk and look for the correct event, or follow the link on the gala info page
- Once on the gala entry page, fill out the swimmer details at the head of the order form.
- Now enter PB times and pick LC/SC as appropriate
- Click “Add to Events” – you will see “added to list”
- When you’re done adding events, click on the “Events List” basket logo
- If you click “View Events List”, you can double check the entry and delete as required. Go back to the entry form to add correct entries.
- When the event list is correct, click “Checkout”
- Fill in your details
- Add a payment method
- Confirm the order
- All done! You should receive email confirmation